Sunday 23 July 2017

Guest out soon!

Images by @carriebethx and Carmel McNamara
I want to say thanks to everybody who's tweeted or Facebooked me a picture of their book arriving this week. It's been wonderful (and exciting!) to see the books arriving on people's doormats, via social media.

Over the past couple of weeks I've done some guest blogs about the process of writing and researching the book.

I wrote this on the inspiration behind the story for Disclaimer magazine:

"The character of Samhain, an angry punk squatter who never knew his father, came to me one day as I was making fliers. I was in my friend's basement at the time, rolling the treadle on an antiquated, ancient letterpress printing machine. Printing ink on cards, then alternating the fliers, still wet with ink, with old newspapers..."

You can read "The Story Behind the Story of Guest" here.

 The Big Bookend also has this:

"2001: student days. Days of outrage, of Blair and Bush, of hand-drawn photocopied fliers. It was the pre-social media age. The closest thing we had to Facebook was MySpace, an eye-aching repository of HTML and hormones that allowed you to set a soundtrack to your personal page, and choose “top 8” friends, if you were into that sort of thing...."

You can read the rest of "How I Wrote Guest" on The Big Bookend website here.

You can also add it to your shelf on GoodReads here:


SJ Bradley's books on Goodreads
Guest Guest
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)


Don't forget to join us for the launch at Waterstones Leeds on Thursday. It's at 6.30 and it's free. Phone 0113 244 4588 or email leeds@waterstones.com to book.

Currently reading

Don Quixote Miguel de Cervantes 

No comments:

Post a Comment